2010-02-12

Jam Day

When I arrived in Austria last year, I was surprised at my favorite apricot jam. The jar was cut down half but the price stayed the same. My family hadn’t agreed to other jam for the simple reason: most industrially produced jams contain the chemical ingredients.
And so, when the apricot season has come, I went out to valley Wachau for one of apricot festival. I should say that there is a cult of apricot in Austria and this fruit is named here Marillen. My comeback to cooking of jam has happened !
I found that this forgotten, popular handcraft activity bring only pleasant moments.
It is winter in Israel, and it is a season for some fruits too, so today I’ve “conjured” at kitchen.
And here orange jam. Only few ingredients: oranges, lemons and ginger + sugar (on your taste) + some water – and voila, a fresh homemade orange jam with sweet citrus flavor is ready.
Spreading orange jam on toast or put it into a cottage cheese on your breakfast and spring has visited your home just today!


No comments:

Post a Comment