2010-06-10

Football

The World Cup 2010 starts tomorrow and in this connection I would like to look back from today to event of two-year prescription. In June 2008 the UEFA European Football Championship was hosted by Austria and Switzerland. I was living in Vienna while the tournament took place there and whole month lived inside this event.
My son is a football fan but just this time he had examinations in University and couldn’t visit me, so I got a task to take maximum photos from this edition of competition.
So, in the very first day I went to the city’s center and started my EURO football tour from Fan Zone situated in Vienna’s center street – Ring. Especially for this purpose, Ring Street has turned to Pedestrian Street for whole month and my first photos took from that place. There were no crowds of fans in this time and I had a great opportunity to view everything and then I visited pavilion to purchase souvenirs stamped of EURO 2008 for my son. I faced to the stand with flags of participants and bought the flag of Spain, and in approx a month later the Spain team became the new European champions.
It is necessary to tell, that I presented directly inside of such great sport event for the first time, and all looks both interesting and attractive, and any TV transmission or internet doesn’t transfer a unique atmosphere when you have an “alive” contact.










No comments:

Post a Comment