2010-06-18

Green Vienna. Folksgarten




Certainly, you have read in my profile that one of my professional activities is flora design and so I always pay my attention to this component of city landscape design. I already placed some posts related to gardens, parks and greenhouses and today I start a new cycle which named Green Vienna.
And believe me, there is what to show in Vienna and it will be not only most illustrious parks though also these parks I won’t disregard.
This year spring in Austria was cooler than usually and roses have blossomed with delay. In my opinion, in Vienna, the roses of Folksgarten are out of competition and when the flowering starts the garden is crowded in evening and can hardly to find a place to sit down and take pleasure both magnificent flowering and wonderful aroma of roses.
The Folksgarten is situated in first district of Vienna, in the Inner Stadt and there are seated the most attractive sights of the city. The park was built over the city fortifications destroyed by Napoleon. There is a site, and I’ll show it later where the part of old defensive walls was kept.
The park built step by step during several years and it was opened to the public in 1820 and also there is some small monuments, constructions, statues and fountains but today I give my love to roses.
The park roses start the blossom first. They are of once flowering and consequently I try to catch this moment when the big shrubs get a white, pink, yellow and red cover.
Further everything goes according to the order – climber roses, ramblers, groundcover, miniature, shrubs and certainly there are a lot of verities of their ancestries and colors.
So, today – a rest for eyes – the Queen Rose.









No comments:

Post a Comment