2010-10-01

Intercession of the Virgin Mary - Pokrov

Today, on October 1 the Catholic Christians celebrate the feast of the Intercession of the Theotokos (Virgin Mary), known in Church Slavonic as Pokrov (protection). For Eastern Orthodox Christians this feast will come on October 14, but I live in Austria now, so congratulate visitors of my blog today.
From my childhood, when I lived in Russia I remember that usually there is a heavy fall of snow by this day. And it was only fact that I knew about Pokrov.
Later I’ve got to know with a holiday close: I have read about feast and its distinctive marks and that this day marks the meeting of fall with winter.
I like this one: the more snow at the Pokrov – more weddings will be this year. But it doesn’t “work” in Vienna, there may be rain on this day but hardly ever snow there.
There is a beautiful Orthodox Church built in 19th century in Vienna. Sometimes I visit it and I’m going to St Nicholas Church on September 14 again.
I presented earlier the Jewels of our company “Green Diamond” but we produce and sell not only Costume Jewelry but also there is a section of Christian Jewelry in our internet store.
Take a look at crosses, rings, medallions and I hope you’ll wish to get something. http://stores.ebay.com/GREEN-DIAMOND-SJD/Jewelry-Christianity-/_i.html









  

No comments:

Post a Comment